Two men charged in assualtNovember 25,2012Two men charged in assault
ROYALTON — Two men were charged in a domestic dispute at a Royalton home on Thanksgiving.
According to State Police, James Arbuckle, 34, of Royalton, assaulted a female and Walter Foley, 54, of Royalton. The incident took place at the victim’s home on Wilder Lane.
Arbuckle left the scene on foot but was later found by police in a field according State Trooper Stacy Corliss. Arbuckle was charged with two counts of aggravated domestic assault while Foley was charged with drinking alcohol — a conditions of release violation from a previous offense.
Arbuckle will be arriagned at criminal court in White River Junction on Nov. 26. Foley will be arraigned on Jan. 8.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: First televised nuclear test, Woody Harrelson's father claimed involvement in the JFK assassination, Immanuel Kant and William L. Shirer rave on and MIT researchers propose sea-borne nuclear power stations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Accused child killer released on bail, protesters want him back behind bars, aldermen meet to vote on mayor's board nomination, 156 Vermont runners participate in Monday's Boston Marathon.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Soil beneath Greenland ice sheet predates dawn of mankind, Hitch faces true Hollawood problem head-on, Mark Twain on school boards, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Free Library director Paula Baker will retire at the end of the year, state Senate will vote on new minimum wage legislation and Bennington College graduates win Pulitzer Prizes.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.