Linda M. FlandersNovember 25,2012
Linda M. FlandersLinda M. Flanders
NORTH CLARENDON — Linda Margaret Flanders, 63, died Saturday, Nov. 10, 2012, at the Rutland Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center.
She was born in Rutland on Sept. 2, 1949, the daughter of Henry and Margaret (Derby) Nutting.
She was married Oct. 2, 1965, to Richard D. Flanders.
She was a devoted stay-at-home mother.
She was baptized as one of Jehovah’s Witnesses on Feb. 5, 1972, in Barre.
Survivors include her husband, Richard Flanders of North Clarendon; a daughter, Wanda Van Sise of Saugerites, N.Y.; a son Paul Flanders of North Clarendon; her mother, Margaret Derby of Rutland; a sister, Christine Dryer of Wallingford; and two brothers, Larry Derby of Rutland and Daniel Derby of Texas.
There are no visiting hours.
A memorial service will be held at the Kingdom Hall of Jehovah’s Witnesses, 243 Gleason Road in Rutland, on Dec. 8, 2012, at 2 p.m.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Seals have figured out fish they like to eat gather in schools around turbines in offshore wind farms. But the environment is not without hazards, maintenance vessels and noise pollution.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Teamsters leader Jimmy Hoffa disappears on this day in 1975, on this day in 2003, the last Volkswagen Type I, the Beetle, rolls off the assembly line in Mexico, Nelson Mandela on the primacy of teaching love over hate.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont Yankee announces final day of nuclear power generation in Vermont, storm brings floods back to Chester, Castleton town manager to resign office, chronic offender sentenced to 25 years for sexual assault.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Archaeologists find a leather shoe in a cave in Armenia that predates the Pyramids by more than a thousand years.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1932, President Hoover orders the Army to evict bonus marchers from Anacostia Flats; author Malcolm Lowry born this day, as is Jackie Kennedy and Mike Bloomfield; Stephen Crane on consuming one's own heart.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Earth barely avoids being blasted by immense solar flare in 2012, astrophysicists say next time might not be so lucky.