Linda M. FlandersNovember 25,2012
Linda M. FlandersLinda M. Flanders
NORTH CLARENDON — Linda Margaret Flanders, 63, died Saturday, Nov. 10, 2012, at the Rutland Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center.
She was born in Rutland on Sept. 2, 1949, the daughter of Henry and Margaret (Derby) Nutting.
She was married Oct. 2, 1965, to Richard D. Flanders.
She was a devoted stay-at-home mother.
She was baptized as one of Jehovah’s Witnesses on Feb. 5, 1972, in Barre.
Survivors include her husband, Richard Flanders of North Clarendon; a daughter, Wanda Van Sise of Saugerites, N.Y.; a son Paul Flanders of North Clarendon; her mother, Margaret Derby of Rutland; a sister, Christine Dryer of Wallingford; and two brothers, Larry Derby of Rutland and Daniel Derby of Texas.
There are no visiting hours.
A memorial service will be held at the Kingdom Hall of Jehovah’s Witnesses, 243 Gleason Road in Rutland, on Dec. 8, 2012, at 2 p.m.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.