ST. ALBANS — A union representing faculty and staff at a Vermont school district has registered a no-confidence vote in its superintendent.
The Bellows Free Academy Education Association has challenged Bob Rosane’s ability to lead at Bellows Free Academy in St. Albans.
The St. Albans Messenger reported that the vote followed an email exchange between Rosane and Union President Justin Bedell over how best to motivate faculty to improve education at the school. Rosane’s email referred to the faculty as “dinosaurs” and “obstructionists.”
Rosane replied to the union in an email that he and the community have no confidence in the union. He said 60 percent of the students are not proficient in math and half are not proficient in language arts.
The email hinted that he would resign.MORE IN Vermont News
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Tibetans' ability to breathe and absorb oxygen at high altitude might have been inherited from their ancient ancestors, our new pals, the Denisovans, more dominant in their day than anybody can remember.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Herald Editor Rob Mitchell and staff writer Bryanna Allen discuss conflict at Open Door Mission, MSJ's new principal, teens carve marble in West Rutland.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Researchers find new species of hominid, the Denisovans, and follow genetic evidence that place them across a wide swath of the globe before extinction 40,000 years ago.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Proctor estate sale hits serious legal speed bump, Rutland Town wraps up solar project regulations, Patty Minichiello interviews visiting sculptor in West Rutland and Castleton Crackers honored with national award.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Tamerlane, in 1401 on this day, lays waste to Baghdad; 'Rock Around The Clock' hits No. 1 on Billboard chart in 1955, stays there for eight weeks.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Texas towns, shaken by earthquakes linked to fracking for gas and oil, are fed up and scared, want to ban the practice,