Charges filed in Vt. man’s deathNovember 22,2012FORT EDWARD, N.Y. — A 30-year-old Vermont woman is free on bail after pleading not guilty to charges stemming from a crash on New York Route 22 in Hebron that killed an 83-year-old man.
Cassie Early of Arlington, Vt., entered the plea Tuesday before a Washington County judge in Fort Edward.
A grand jury indicted Early on a series of charges from the 7 a.m. crash on July 29, including aggravated vehicular homicide, and manslaughter in the death of Vincent Muro Sr., of West Rutland, Vt.
Court documents say Early had a blood alcohol level more than double the legal limit for driving.
Police say Early’s pickup crossed into the wrong lane and hit Muro’s vehicle.
The Glens Falls Post Star reported that Early could be sentenced to 25 years in prison.MORE IN This Just InTOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Herald Editor Rob Mitchell and Arts Editor Jim Lowe discuss some of the stories planned for the Thursday, July 10, 2014, edition of the newspaper: Proctor estate sale hits serious legal speed bump. 0Rutland Herald Editor Rob Mitchell and Arts Editor Jim Lowe discuss some of the stories planned... Full StoryCASTLETON — For the first time in 18 years, the Castleton concerts are hitting the stage... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Proctor estate sale hits serious legal speed bump, Rutland Town wraps up solar project regulations, Patty Minichiello interviews visiting sculptor in West Rutland and Castleton Crackers honored with national award.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Tamerlane, in 1401 on this day, lays waste to Baghdad; 'Rock Around The Clock' hits No. 1 on Billboard chart in 1955, stays there for eight weeks.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Texas towns, shaken by earthquakes linked to fracking for gas and oil, are fed up and scared, want to ban the practice,
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Fracking linked to 100-fold increase in Oklahoma earthquakes.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Roswell: Weather balloon, invasion from outer space or primitive spy op? You decide. Francis Gary Powers faces the music on this day and it's Russian pop hits, Elisabeth Kubler-Ross born this day and the Mahatma eschews violence.
- Demolition of blighted property on Pine Street