Clarence C. Vieu Jr.November 21,2012Clarence C. Vieu Jr.
DANBY — Clarence Carlton Vieu Jr., 66, died Nov. 16, 2012, at Rutland Regional Medical Center.
He was born Oct. 31, 1946,in Charleston, S.C., the son of Clarence Sr. and Rosalie (Davis) Vieu.
He was a U.S. Army veteran, serving during the Vietnam War.
He married Ginny Newhall on Oct. 1, 2006.
He worked for the Valley News in the maintenance department.
Survivors include his wife Ginny; his mother Rosalie Vieu of Greenville, S.C.; three sons, Michael Vieu of Concord, Mass., Clarence Vieu III of Littleton, N.H., and Daniel Vieu of Danby; five daughters, Denise Vieu of Holyoke, Mass, Lisa Bresett of Sanford, Maine, Cheryl Lajoie of Lebanon, N.H., Pamela Howe of Charlestown, N.H., and Michelle Vieu of Bangor, Maine; three brothers, Alan Vieu of Orange, Mass., Earl Vieu of Westfield, Mass., and Wayne Paul Vieu of Greenville, S.C.; a sister Rosalyn McKinney of Oregon; and 21 grandchildren.
He was predeceased by his father Clarence Vieu Sr.; a son Kevin Vieu; a daughter Darlene Doucette; three brothers, Robert Vieu, David Vieu, and Herman Vieu; and a sister Patricia Grey.
Graveside services with military honors will be held Monday, Nov. 26, 2012, at 12:30 p.m. in the Vermont Veterans Cemetery in Randolph.
Officiating will be the Rev. Thomas Harty.
Arrangements are under the direction of Clifford Funeral Home in Rutland.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Jim Jeffords' legacy, Brandon takes a few questions about proposed budget, beleaguered city playground likely to move, woman awakes to find strange man with knives standing at her bedside.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Former U.S. Senator James Jeffords dies Monday in Washington D.C., a local man is beaten and robbed while walking on West Street, Clarendon sets a tax rate and Brandon convenes an informational public meeting about its budget.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1915, the New York World publishes scoop: Thom. Edison diverts chemical from war production to help German pharmaceutical company make aspirin; on this day in 1935, Will Rogers, Wiley Post die in Alaska plane crash.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: State panel briefed on smuggling drugs into prisons; new French-German documentary about Vermont's heroin addiction; solar project at Vets Home falls apart; update dispute between Open Door Mission and treatment center.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Climatologists might not know as much about El Nino as they thought they knew. New studies show 10,000 years ago, El Nino was active, and polar ice sheets were rapidly melting — just like today.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: State colleges get a budget cut break, vandals spray paint Wallingford basketball court, state's attorney will replace lost deputies, cop lawsuit proceeds, Mendon mini-golf proposal makes headway.