Shirley E. DanielsNovember 21,2012
Shirley E. DanielsShirley E. Daniels
Shirley E. Daniels, 91, died Nov. 19, 2012, at her home.
She was born in Rutland, May 30, 1921, daughter of George and Emma Elliott.
Shirley was a graduate of Rutland High School.
She was employed by CVPS in the accounting department, retiring in 1985.
Mrs. Daniels was a member of United Methodist Church of Rutland.
She was a member of the Red Hat Society.
She enjoyed gardening and traveling to her home in Lake Wales, Fl.
Surviving are a son, Paul K. Daniels Jr. of Rutland; two daughters, Paula Layden of Rutland and Karen Daniels of Washington, D.C.; sister, Geraldine Stevens of Lake Wales, Fl.; five grandchildren, Andrea Layden Rumsey of Burlington, Christie Layden of Tampa, Fl., Matthew Layden of Rutland, Angeline Daniels of Washington, D.C., and Bernadette Waquespack of Plano, Tx.; five great-grandchildren; nieces, nephews and cousins.
She was predeceased by her husband, Paul K. Daniels in 1986; a sister, Rhea Elliott and a brother, Francis Holden.
A funeral service will be held Saturday, Nov. 24, at 11 a.m. in United Methodist Church in Rutland.
Burial will follow in Evergreen Cemetery.
Friends may call at the Clifford Funeral Home on Friday, Nov. 23, from 4 to 6 p.m.
Memorial contributions may be made to National Wildlife Federation, care of Clifford Funeral Home, 2 Washington St., Rutland, VT 05701.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.