Shirley E. DanielsNovember 21,2012
Shirley E. DanielsShirley E. Daniels
Shirley E. Daniels, 91, died Nov. 19, 2012, at her home.
She was born in Rutland, May 30, 1921, daughter of George and Emma Elliott.
Shirley was a graduate of Rutland High School.
She was employed by CVPS in the accounting department, retiring in 1985.
Mrs. Daniels was a member of United Methodist Church of Rutland.
She was a member of the Red Hat Society.
She enjoyed gardening and traveling to her home in Lake Wales, Fl.
Surviving are a son, Paul K. Daniels Jr. of Rutland; two daughters, Paula Layden of Rutland and Karen Daniels of Washington, D.C.; sister, Geraldine Stevens of Lake Wales, Fl.; five grandchildren, Andrea Layden Rumsey of Burlington, Christie Layden of Tampa, Fl., Matthew Layden of Rutland, Angeline Daniels of Washington, D.C., and Bernadette Waquespack of Plano, Tx.; five great-grandchildren; nieces, nephews and cousins.
She was predeceased by her husband, Paul K. Daniels in 1986; a sister, Rhea Elliott and a brother, Francis Holden.
A funeral service will be held Saturday, Nov. 24, at 11 a.m. in United Methodist Church in Rutland.
Burial will follow in Evergreen Cemetery.
Friends may call at the Clifford Funeral Home on Friday, Nov. 23, from 4 to 6 p.m.
Memorial contributions may be made to National Wildlife Federation, care of Clifford Funeral Home, 2 Washington St., Rutland, VT 05701.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Jim Jeffords' legacy, Brandon takes a few questions about proposed budget, beleaguered city playground likely to move, woman awakes to find strange man with knives standing at her bedside.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Former U.S. Senator James Jeffords dies Monday in Washington D.C., a local man is beaten and robbed while walking on West Street, Clarendon sets a tax rate and Brandon convenes an informational public meeting about its budget.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1915, the New York World publishes scoop: Thom. Edison diverts chemical from war production to help German pharmaceutical company make aspirin; on this day in 1935, Will Rogers, Wiley Post die in Alaska plane crash.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: State panel briefed on smuggling drugs into prisons; new French-German documentary about Vermont's heroin addiction; solar project at Vets Home falls apart; update dispute between Open Door Mission and treatment center.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Climatologists might not know as much about El Nino as they thought they knew. New studies show 10,000 years ago, El Nino was active, and polar ice sheets were rapidly melting — just like today.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: State colleges get a budget cut break, vandals spray paint Wallingford basketball court, state's attorney will replace lost deputies, cop lawsuit proceeds, Mendon mini-golf proposal makes headway.