Shirley E. DanielsNovember 21,2012
Shirley E. DanielsShirley E. Daniels
Shirley E. Daniels, 91, died Nov. 19, 2012, at her home.
She was born in Rutland, May 30, 1921, daughter of George and Emma Elliott.
Shirley was a graduate of Rutland High School.
She was employed by CVPS in the accounting department, retiring in 1985.
Mrs. Daniels was a member of United Methodist Church of Rutland.
She was a member of the Red Hat Society.
She enjoyed gardening and traveling to her home in Lake Wales, Fl.
Surviving are a son, Paul K. Daniels Jr. of Rutland; two daughters, Paula Layden of Rutland and Karen Daniels of Washington, D.C.; sister, Geraldine Stevens of Lake Wales, Fl.; five grandchildren, Andrea Layden Rumsey of Burlington, Christie Layden of Tampa, Fl., Matthew Layden of Rutland, Angeline Daniels of Washington, D.C., and Bernadette Waquespack of Plano, Tx.; five great-grandchildren; nieces, nephews and cousins.
She was predeceased by her husband, Paul K. Daniels in 1986; a sister, Rhea Elliott and a brother, Francis Holden.
A funeral service will be held Saturday, Nov. 24, at 11 a.m. in United Methodist Church in Rutland.
Burial will follow in Evergreen Cemetery.
Friends may call at the Clifford Funeral Home on Friday, Nov. 23, from 4 to 6 p.m.
Memorial contributions may be made to National Wildlife Federation, care of Clifford Funeral Home, 2 Washington St., Rutland, VT 05701.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 365 CE, eastern Mediterranean rocked by high magnitude earthquake and tsunami, in 1865, Davis 'Little Dave' Tutt meets Wild Bill Hickock in Springfield, Mo., to settle differences.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Pesticides in soil and ground water are killing not only honey bees and other useful insects, but songbirds as well.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Judge issues deposition order in for city police corporal's lawsuit against the department, market for marijuana-laced edibles en fuego in at least two states, West Rutland truck fire consumes all driver's earthly possessions.