A woman who served nearly three years in jail for taking $730,000 from her Vermont employer is heading back to prison for 10 months for covering up the sale of a Florida vacation home.
The Burlington Free press reported that 66-year-old Susan Emilo said she knew a court-imposed restitution order remained in effect, but instead opted to remodel a home in Myrtle Beach, S.C., using the proceeds of the Florida home sale in 2009.
The Emilos received $50,000 for giving up their half-share in the home in Rockwell Estates on Merritt Island.
Emilo was a part-time bookkeeper for an environmental consulting company in Lincoln. She was convicted of stealing money between 1992 and 2002. She pleaded guilty to mail fraud and other charges and went to prison in 2004.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1898, Nelson Miles leads American troops into Puerto Rico during Spanish-American War, Bob Dylan electrifies Newport Folk Festival in 1965, author and longshoreman Eric Hoffer born this day in 1902.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: No charges to be filed inconnection with crash of city police cruiser, farmers group turn to Internet to raise money for solar project, Street Talk polls passersby about legal marijuana.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information for Friday, July 25, and easily digestible news tidbits: Mysterious enormous hole in the Siberian tundra baffles scientists.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Ever wonder why the otherwise straight-lined Appalachian chain's got a big crimp in it in Pennsylvania and and New York?
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Scott Milne opens campaign for governor's office, crime statistics fall in city, new home for homeless prevention center, traffic cameras are not watching you, capital panel hears testimony about protecting children.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: America's feet getting bigger than ever, and Americans keep jamming their feet into small sized shoes. Wake up, America!