WINOOSKI — Three Michigan residents are facing drug charges and a 2-year-old girl is in protective custody after a Vermont police officer smelled marijuana while following the car they were riding in in the city of Winooski.
Colchester police say one of their officers was driving on Main Street in Winooski on Monday morning when he smelled the marijuana.
After the vehicle was stopped, police discovered more than two ounces of crack cocaine and a small amount of marijuana.
Police arrested 20-year-old Dajuan Williams and 19-year-old Corina Castro, both of Holland, Mich., and 45-year-old Edgar “Tony” Scott of Detroit.
The three are jailed on $100,000 bail.
The girl was placed in protective custody pending the arrival of family members from Michigan.MORE IN Vermont NewsWASHINGTON — The president of the Vermont-based New England Federal Credit Union urged Congress... Full StoryTo overcome Vermont Health Connect's early technological woes, more than 100 employees in the... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation