2 men charged in Conn. murderNovember 20,2012NEW LONDON, Conn. — New London police say two men face charges in the 2006 killing of a 32-year-old man found shot to death in the doorway of a local cafe.
Police say Darius K. Armadore Sr. and Gerjuan Tyus face charges including murder in the death of Todd Thomas. Both men are serving prison sentences on unrelated charges.
Armadore was ordered held on a $1 million bond at his arraignment Monday in New London Superior Court. Tyus is expected to be arraigned Tuesday.
The 30-year-old Thomas was shot in the head in December 2006. An arrest warrant affidavit detailing the case against the suspects, both 32-years-old, is sealed for two weeks.
Armadore is serving a sentence for violating a protective order.
Tyus is in prison after being convicted of the carrying or sale of a dangerous weapon.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1653, New Amsterdam incorporated on Governor's Island by the Dutch; first non-native resident of Manhattan is Caribbean-born JUAN RODRIGUEZ arrives to exploit beaver trade; ALEXANDER SELKIRK rescued after 4 years.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: On Jan. 31, 2002, Berkshire Armored Car Co. in Rutland's Howe Center was robbed of $1.9 million. Brent Curtis reports some of the surprising details he found in 10 years of FBI investigation files in a 5-part Herald series.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1835, deranged house painter attempts to kill Pres. Andrew Jackson; in 1969, Beatles play last live public performance on roof of Apple Corps building, London; in 1935, poet Richard Brautigan born in Tacoma, Washington.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Maple syrup standards revised to match international standards; city must decide how best to use $300K in leftover sewer project money; Bryanna Allen reports on funding proposal for solar projects; local agency gets HUD money.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1393, quick thinking teen girl saves King Charles IV of France from burning alive at masquerade ball; in 1760, Vermont town of Pownal created by N.H. Gov. Benning Wentworth; Canuplin, Filipino movie star, born.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day, 1700, Cascadia Earthquake, Magnitude 9 plus, strikes West Coast with tsunami effects felt as far away as Japan; in 1885, troops loyal to Sudanese Mohammad Ahmad conquer Khartoum; in 1992, Boris Yeltsin untargets U.S.