2 men charged in Conn. murderNovember 20,2012NEW LONDON, Conn. — New London police say two men face charges in the 2006 killing of a 32-year-old man found shot to death in the doorway of a local cafe.
Police say Darius K. Armadore Sr. and Gerjuan Tyus face charges including murder in the death of Todd Thomas. Both men are serving prison sentences on unrelated charges.
Armadore was ordered held on a $1 million bond at his arraignment Monday in New London Superior Court. Tyus is expected to be arraigned Tuesday.
The 30-year-old Thomas was shot in the head in December 2006. An arrest warrant affidavit detailing the case against the suspects, both 32-years-old, is sealed for two weeks.
Armadore is serving a sentence for violating a protective order.
Tyus is in prison after being convicted of the carrying or sale of a dangerous weapon.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 365 CE, eastern Mediterranean rocked by high magnitude earthquake and tsunami, in 1865, Davis 'Little Dave' Tutt meets Wild Bill Hickock in Springfield, Mo., to settle differences.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Pesticides in soil and ground water are killing not only honey bees and other useful insects, but songbirds as well.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Judge issues deposition order in for city police corporal's lawsuit against the department, market for marijuana-laced edibles en fuego in at least two states, West Rutland truck fire consumes all driver's earthly possessions.