Barbara I. McLeodNovember 19,2012
Barbara I. McLeodBarbara I. McLeod
Barbara I. McLeod, 86, of Rutland, died Nov. 18, 2012, at Mountain View Center.
She was born in Barre, Aug. 21, 1926, daughter of Frank and Ruth (Diack) Bassett.
Barbara was a member of Rutland Country Club.
She was an avid golfer. Her cherished love of her family was her pride and joy.
Surviving are her husband, Darrow R. McLeod of Rutland; two sons, Harold R. McLeod and wife, Vera, Gary D. McLeod and wife, Joanne, both of East Wallingford; daughter, Susan Filskov and husband, Robert, of East Wallingford; grandchildren, Jason McLeod, Danielle McLeod Henning, Shane Filskov, Justin Filskov, Sara Filskov, Melissa McLeod, Jennifer McLeod, Lee McLeod, Darrow McLeod II; great-grandchildren, Ryann McLeod, Connor Filskov, Gavynne McLeod.
She was predeceased by a brother, Harold Bassett.
Friends may call at the Clifford Funeral Home on Tuesday from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon.
Burial will follow in Evergreen Cemetery.
Barbara cherished her two pets, Chase and Collette.
Memorial contributions may be made to Rutland County Humane Society, Stevens Road, Pittsford, VT 05763.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Vanessa Williams resigns from Miss America pageant after Bob Guccione publishes nude photos of her in Penthouse magazine and Hefner takes the high road; on this day in 1995, Alan Hale and Thomas Bopp discover a new comet.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Brandon voters decide fate of proposed budget, calls to police for service on complaints have fallen to new low, city woman who spray painted a response to vandals on her sidewalk is cited for mischief.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 365 CE, eastern Mediterranean rocked by high magnitude earthquake and tsunami, in 1865, Davis 'Little Dave' Tutt meets Wild Bill Hickock in Springfield, Mo., to settle differences.