BELVIDERE — Vermont police are looking for a 32-year-old man who fled on foot after leading troopers on a high-speed chase.
Police attempted to stop a vehicle in Berkshire around 1 a.m. Sunday, but the driver sped off and attempted to strike the trooper’s cruiser.
Officials said the driver, Shane Phillips of Johnson, drove up to 90 mph during the 15-mile chase that ended in Belvidere.
Police said Phillips and his passenger, 37-year-old Raymond Earle of Wolcott, took off on foot. Earle was caught after being tracked over rugged terrain by police dogs, but Phillips remained at large Sunday morning.
Both men were wanted on active warrants and now face multiple felony charges stemming from the chase.
Police said Phillips has been wanted for 10 years on multiple aggravated assault charges.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 365 CE, eastern Mediterranean rocked by high magnitude earthquake and tsunami, in 1865, Davis 'Little Dave' Tutt meets Wild Bill Hickock in Springfield, Mo., to settle differences.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Pesticides in soil and ground water are killing not only honey bees and other useful insects, but songbirds as well.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Judge issues deposition order in for city police corporal's lawsuit against the department, market for marijuana-laced edibles en fuego in at least two states, West Rutland truck fire consumes all driver's earthly possessions.