No one injured in two-vehicle Shaftsbury crashNovember 18,2012SHAFTSBURY — No one was injured in a two-vehicle crash in front of Paulin’s Store in Shaftsbury on Friday, but a local man was given a written warning for his part in it, according to the Vermont State Police.
Police said Robert Bourn Jr., 65, of Shaftsbury, was pulling into the southbound lane of Route 7A from Paulin’s parking lot in his 2000 Ford pickup on Friday around 2:30 p.m. when he collided with a 2006 Ford Fusion driven by Rose Washburn, 76, of Cambridge, N.Y.
Bourn told police he was distracted by other vehicles parked in the parking lot along the roadway edge and did not see Washburn’s car until it was too late. Washburn, who was traveling north, could not avoid colliding with Bourn’s truck, police said.
Both drivers were wearing seat belts and there were no injuries as a result of the crash.
Police said Bourn was found to be at fault for the crash and was issued a written warning for failure to safely enter onto a roadway. Parked vehicles at the Paulin’s Store were also a contributing factor in the crash, police added.
The Bennington County Sheriff’s Department assisted on scene with traffic control.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.