Betty P. SheehanNovember 16,2012
Betty P. SheehanBetty P. Sheehan
LUDLOW — Betty P. Sheehan, 77, died Nov. 12, 2012, at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon, N.H.
She was born in Ludlow, May 9, 1935, daughter of Bert A. and Flora M. (Sargent) Pitts.
Betty was a graduate of Black River High School class of 1953, Green Mountain College and Thompson School of Nursing in Brattleboro.
She was owner of B.A. Pitts Store in Ludlow, which was formerly her parent’s/Reba’s neighborhood convenience store. Betty was an L.P.N. at Springfield Hospital.
Betty was a member of United Methodist Church of Ludlow.
She enjoyed baking, cooking and spending time with her family. Betty spent her summers traveling between Ludlow, Vt., and Watertown, N.Y., and vacationed at Vistana Resort in Orlando, Fla., in the winter.
Surviving are her companion of 10 years, Glenn Goodwin; son Jerry Sheehan and companion Joanne Stringer of Ludlow; two daughters, Theresa Morse of North Springfield, and Cheryl James and her husband Charles of Proctorsville; eight grandchildren, Nicholas “Bear” Sheehan and his wife Sarah Sheehan, Patrick Sheehan and his wife Elizabeth Sheehan, Rebecca Morse, Joseph Morse, Jennifer James, Theodore James, Jason James and Erica James; three great-grandchildren, Ryan Sheehan, Hannah Sheehan and Leia Jackson; a sister, Charlotte Kuzma of Cornish, N.H., and various nieces and nephews.
She was predeceased by siblings, Richard and Robert Pitts, Evelyn Rose and Reba Gardner.
A funeral service was held Thursday, Nov. 15, at 1 p.m. in United Methodist Church of Ludlow. Officiating was Pastor Donald Harpster and Pastor Joyce Woodcock, close friend of Betty and the pastor of the First Methodist Church in Watertown, N.Y.
Burial followed in Pleasant View Cemetery in Ludlow.
Memorial contributions may be made to DHMC Norris Cotton Cancer Center, One Medical Center Drive, Lebanon, NH 03756.
Arrangements are under the direction of the Clifford Funeral Home in Rutland.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: America's feet getting bigger than ever, and Americans keep jamming their feet into small sized shoes. Wake up, America!
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Vanessa Williams resigns from Miss America pageant after Bob Guccione publishes nude photos of her in Penthouse magazine and Hefner takes the high road; on this day in 1995, Alan Hale and Thomas Bopp discover a new comet.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Brandon voters decide fate of proposed budget, calls to police for service on complaints have fallen to new low, city woman who spray painted a response to vandals on her sidewalk is cited for mischief.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?