BURLINGTON — Burlington is getting a $400,000 “Smarter Cities” grant from the philanthropic arm of IBM that will be used to streamline energy efficiency efforts. The ideas will be shared across Vermont.
Mayor Miro Weinberger announced the grant Wednesday.
The money will bring a global team of IBM analysts to Burlington for three weeks in 2013 to look for broad patterns about the city’s energy use.
Weinberger said IBM’s expertise could help transform the economy in ways that can’t yet be conceived of.MORE IN Vermont News
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation