BARRE – Police are searching for a man who shot another man in the shoulder on Brooklyn Street Thursday evening.
The injury to Seth Parry, 20, is not said to be life-threatening. An eyewitness told police that as he and Parry were walking by an apartment building at 59 Brooklyn St., a man dressed all in black and wearing a mask yelled to Parry saying, “Hey, woman beater.”
The two men then started grappling with each other, according to the witness, who said the gun then went off and the masked man fled on foot.
The shooting happened around 5:30 p.m. and police were questioning five people outside the residence shortly after the incident. A police dog was brought out as police searched the scene for evidence.MORE IN Vermont News
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Acclaimed illusionist & escape artist Harry Houdini, performing in Montreal in 1926, is sucker-punched by a McGill University student. Houdini doesn't know he has peritonitis - the punches are possible factor in his Oct. 31 death.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Police Chief James Baker to resign from the force at the end of the year to take a job in Washington, D.C., jury remains out in teacher killing murder trial, Rec Dept. releases report on what's wrong with White's Pool.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Well diggers in Cardiff, New York, find what is thought to be the petrified body of a 10-foot-tall man, perfectly preserved after thousands of years, which becomes a popular roadside attraction until proven to be a fake.
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1307, King Phillip the Fair of France orders hundreds of Knights Templar rounded up and arrested, charged with heresy, tortured until they confess; on this day in 1917, thousands see miracle of Our Lady of Fatima.