Paul G. TurnerNovember 15,2012Paul G. Turner
ROYAL PALM BEACH, Fla. — Paul G. Turner, 55, died Oct. 18, 2012, from cancer.
Born Sept. 3, 1957, in Middletown, Conn., he was schooled in Middlebury, Vt., Avon Park, and joined the Coast Guard in 1974.
Mr. Turner was employed 25 years as a mechanic and truck driver for Publix at the Deerfield Beach warehouse.
He was an avid scuba diver and became a master diver in 1975, and crewed on the Rampage out of West Palm Beach.
Survivors include his wife, Theresa Miller Turner; a son, Morgan Turner of Winston Salem, N.C.; his mother, Gail Dozier of Conway, S.C.; and a sister, Suzanne Herrera of Plantation.
The memorial service will be held at a later date.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to the American Cancer Society.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.