Governor to choose from three education candidatesNovember 14,2012MONTPELIER The Vermont State Board of Education Tuesday unanimously approved a search committee’s recommendation to offer three candidates for the new Education Secretary post to Gov. Peter Shumlin, who has the final decision on who will lead the state education department.
The secretary will be a member of the governor’s cabinet an serve at his pleasure, according to the Education Department.
The three candidates are Daniel French, superintendent of the Bennington-Rutland Supervisory Union in Manchester, Brent Kay, superintendent of the Orange Southwest Supervisory Union in Randolph and Armando Vilaseca, current commissioner of education from Westford.MORE IN This Just InPEARL HARBOR, Hawaii — About 2,500 people gathered at Pearl Harbor on Saturday to remember those... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation