Wilma M. LawrenceNovember 14,2012
Wilma M. LawrenceWilma M. Lawrence
NORTH CLARENDON — Wilma M. (Beach) Lawrence, 81, of North Clarendon, died Monday, November 12, 2012, at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Memorial Hospital.
She was born in Cincinnati, Ohio, March 16, 1931, the daughter of Martin and Eunice (Craig) Beach.
She was married December 28, 1950, to James A. Lawrence, who died July 8, 1982.
Wilma was employed as a housekeeping supervisor for 29 years at Rutland Regional Medical Center.
Surviving are a daughter, Catherine Bride and her husband Michael of Rutland; a son, David J. Lawrence and his wife Susan of Rutland; a sister, Eunice Cresie of Norwood, Ohio; four grandchildren, Michael J. Bride and his wife Kellie and their children Alexis and Sincere, John Haughee of Fort Myers, Fla., Jesse Lawrence and Ryan Lawrence of Rutland.
She was predeceased by her husband and 14 brothers and sisters.
There are no visiting hours.
Funeral services will be held at the convenience of the family.
Arrangements are under the direction of Clifford Funeral Home in Rutland.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Brandon voters decide fate of proposed budget, calls to police for service on complaints have fallen to new low, city woman who spray painted a response to vandals on her sidewalk is cited for mischief.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 365 CE, eastern Mediterranean rocked by high magnitude earthquake and tsunami, in 1865, Davis 'Little Dave' Tutt meets Wild Bill Hickock in Springfield, Mo., to settle differences.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Pesticides in soil and ground water are killing not only honey bees and other useful insects, but songbirds as well.