Clifton H. StoneNovember 14,2012
Clifton H. StoneClifton H. Stone
ROCHESTER ó Clifton H. Stone, 66, died Monday, Nov. 12, 2012, at Gifford Medical Center in Randolph.
He was born May 30, 1946, in Rochester, served in the U.S. Army during the Vietnam War, and had been married to Sussanne Corbett.
Mr. Stone worked at Vermont Castings, Mann Brothers Lumber Co., Bensonís Rubbish Removal, Weyerhauser Products in Hancock and ADA Flagging.
He enjoyed hunting, fishing and camping.
Survivors include his companion, Paulette Huntley of Rochester; daughters, Angelique Bryan of Bethel and Sonya Stone of Rochester; son Christopher Stone of Randolph; stepson Guy Huntley Jr. of Bethel; sisters, Helen Tifft of Arlington, Teresa Spaulding of Rochester and Susie Rice of Lake Dunmore; brothers, Philip Stone of Hancock and Raymond Stone of N.H.; 13 grandchildren.
The graveside service will be held at 12:30 p.m. Monday, Nov. 19, in Vermont Veterans Memorial Cemetery in Randolph Center, with full military honors.
Calling hours are from 6 to 8 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 18, at the Day Funeral Home in Randolph.
Memorial contributions may be made to Disabled American Veterans.
Online condolences may be left at www.dayfunerals.com.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.