Drivers strike deer on I-91November 13,2012Drivers strike deer on I-91
Two motorists struck a deer in two separate incidents on Interstate 91 on Friday.
Jon Babcock, 55, of Springfield was travelling north in Springfield when a deer ran out in front of his truck. He was unable to avoid the collision and his 2010 Toyota Tacoma sustained heavy front-end damage.
Ruben Jennings, 25 of Lebanon, NH was travelling southbound in Windsor when a deer ran out in front of his vehicle. His 2003 Toyota Echo also sustained heavy front-end damage.
The two collisions occurred 35 minutes apart, according to police. No injuries were reported in each accident.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: First televised nuclear test, Woody Harrelson's father claimed involvement in the JFK assassination, Immanuel Kant and William L. Shirer rave on and MIT researchers propose sea-borne nuclear power stations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Accused child killer released on bail, protesters want him back behind bars, aldermen meet to vote on mayor's board nomination, 156 Vermont runners participate in Monday's Boston Marathon.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Soil beneath Greenland ice sheet predates dawn of mankind, Hitch faces true Hollawood problem head-on, Mark Twain on school boards, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Free Library director Paula Baker will retire at the end of the year, state Senate will vote on new minimum wage legislation and Bennington College graduates win Pulitzer Prizes.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.