Woman found incompetent in Vt baby overdose deathNovember 11,2012BURLINGTON — A grandmother charged with giving a fatal drug overdose to her infant grandson has been found mentally incompetent to stand trial.
The Burlington Free Press says this week’s court decision means 55-year-old Pamela Raymond of Morristown, who was charged two years ago with second-degree murder, could be released for psychiatric treatment.
Raymond, a former nurse, has been in custody since October 2011, a year after the death of her 3-month-old grandson, Warren Bailey. The child was given a lethal dose of an antidepressant to keep him quiet so he would not bother Raymond’s husband in September 2010.
Vermont Superior Court Judge Dennis Pearson’s decision refers Raymond for further mental-health evaluation and additional court hearings.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Ever wonder why the otherwise straight-lined Appalachian chain's got a big crimp in it in Pennsylvania and and New York?
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Scott Milne opens campaign for governor's office, crime statistics fall in city, new home for homeless prevention center, traffic cameras are not watching you, capital panel hears testimony about protecting children.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: America's feet getting bigger than ever, and Americans keep jamming their feet into small sized shoes. Wake up, America!
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Vanessa Williams resigns from Miss America pageant after Bob Guccione publishes nude photos of her in Penthouse magazine and Hefner takes the high road; on this day in 1995, Alan Hale and Thomas Bopp discover a new comet.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Brandon voters decide fate of proposed budget, calls to police for service on complaints have fallen to new low, city woman who spray painted a response to vandals on her sidewalk is cited for mischief.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.