CHELSEA - A teacher and coach at Oxbow Union High School in Bradford has been charged with sexually abusing a former student more than a decade ago.
Forty-three-year-old Brian Musty pleaded not guilty to a charge of sexual assault on a minor on Wednesday morning.
He was arrested at the school early Monday morning.
The Burlington Free Press (http://bfpne.ws/TwHtXo ) reports that a paralegal working with Musty's attorney, R. Peter Decato of Lebanon, N.H., said Decato had no comment on the case.
Musty is accused of abusing a 15-year-old student over three years, starting in 1997.
Musty coaches girls' basketball, lacrosse and soccer at the school.
School officials did returns phone calls seeking comment.MORE IN Vermont NewsMONTPELIER — Different people have different stars. Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Well diggers in Cardiff, New York, find what is thought to be the petrified body of a 10-foot-tall man, perfectly preserved after thousands of years, which becomes a popular roadside attraction until proven to be a fake.
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont has a new state Supreme Court Justice; city hospital says it can save plenty by upgrading its lights and trucking in natural gas; Springfield has a new town manager, former West Rutland guy, Tom Yennerall.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1307, King Phillip the Fair of France orders hundreds of Knights Templar rounded up and arrested, charged with heresy, tortured until they confess; on this day in 1917, thousands see miracle of Our Lady of Fatima.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Solarfest likely to be on hold until at least 2016, Great Dane involved in theft of an $89,000 shotgun leads police to the thieves, PSB will not reopen VGS pipeline case, prosecutors want evidence in body-packing drug case.