CHELSEA - A teacher and coach at Oxbow Union High School in Bradford has been charged with sexually abusing a former student more than a decade ago.
Forty-three-year-old Brian Musty pleaded not guilty to a charge of sexual assault on a minor on Wednesday morning.
He was arrested at the school early Monday morning.
The Burlington Free Press (http://bfpne.ws/TwHtXo ) reports that a paralegal working with Musty's attorney, R. Peter Decato of Lebanon, N.H., said Decato had no comment on the case.
Musty is accused of abusing a 15-year-old student over three years, starting in 1997.
Musty coaches girls' basketball, lacrosse and soccer at the school.
School officials did returns phone calls seeking comment.MORE IN Vermont News
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Police officer identified in deadly Brattleboro shooting, school consolidation boosters silent on savings, lawmakers nix legal marijuana for PTSD and scrap yard helps solve half-ton heist.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Coyotes are true American survivors, Veena on Narragansett Pier, Vladimir Nabokov in Paris.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Bad crash in Rutland Town sends driver to hospital, natural gas pipeline get support from Addison County Planning Commission.