CHELSEA - A teacher and coach at Oxbow Union High School in Bradford has been charged with sexually abusing a former student more than a decade ago.
Forty-three-year-old Brian Musty pleaded not guilty to a charge of sexual assault on a minor on Wednesday morning.
He was arrested at the school early Monday morning.
The Burlington Free Press (http://bfpne.ws/TwHtXo ) reports that a paralegal working with Musty's attorney, R. Peter Decato of Lebanon, N.H., said Decato had no comment on the case.
Musty is accused of abusing a 15-year-old student over three years, starting in 1997.
Musty coaches girls' basketball, lacrosse and soccer at the school.
School officials did returns phone calls seeking comment.MORE IN Vermont NewsMONTPELIER — The Onion River Chorus, 70 strong, tackled major French works for the Christmas... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Gen. Wm. T. Sherman concludes March to the Sea, secures Savannah, Ga., offers the city as Christmas gift to Pres. Lincoln; N.Y.'s Lincoln Tunnel opens in 1937; first gorilla born in captivity, Colo, celebrates 58th birthday today.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont Gas Systems puts Phase 2 on hold as the latest estimate for Phase 1 takes a 27 percent leap upward, to a total of $157 million; U.S. Attorney Tristram Coffin quits for job with private firm; police cite man in pot bust.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1972, Christmas bombing of North Vietnam ordered by President Richard Nixon, most lethal strikes of the war; in 1989, U.S. invades Panama to depose, arrest and charge Gen. Manuel Noriega with drug trafficking, racketeering.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Gov. Peter Shumlin announces demise of his single-payer health insurance initiative; convicted first-degree murderer Alan Prue sentenced to 50 years for killing teacher Melissa Jenkins; veterans chafed about park naming snub.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 497 BC, first Saturnalia festival celebrated in Rome, Scandinavians retain 'Yule Goat' as symbol of season, Krampus, evil side of holiday cheer, terrorizes children into better behavior, more advice from Christopher Hitchens.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 533 AD, Byzantine Emperor Justinian I gets the old empire back together again routing the Vandals from Carthage; in 1890, Lakota Chief Sitting Bull is killed at his home in South Dakota; in 1970, Soviets land probe on Venus.