Virginia M. FisherNovember 06,2012
Virginia M. FisherVirginia M. Fisher
MIDDLEBURY — Virginia Marion Fisher, 82, died Saturday, Nov. 3, 2012, at her home.
She was born in Pittsford Oct. 1, 1930, the daughter of Ernest and Marion (Dow) Lackard, and attended local schools.
She worked for many years at Palmer’s Dairy Bar in Middlebury and Kennedy Brothers in Vergennes. She also waitressed in several Florida restaurants in the winters.
Mrs. Fisher enjoyed flying and had soloed in a Cessna. She also enjoyed gardening, hunting, fishing and gathering wild mushrooms.
Survivors include two daughters, Lynn Bourgeois of Addison and Susanne Button of Middlebury; a brother, Ernest Lackard of Weybridge; 10 grandchildren, five great-grandchildren; several nieces, nephews and cousins.
She was predeceased by her husband, Charles Fisher; two sons, Robert “Skipper” Barrows Jr. and Thomas Barrows; and a sister, Ramona D’Avignon.
In honoring her wishes, the funeral service will be private.
Memorial contributions, in lieu of flowers, may be made to Addison County Home Health & Hospice, PO Box 754, Middlebury, VT 05753.
Arrangements are under the direction of the Miller & Ketcham Funeral Home in Brandon.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.