2 plead guilty in meth caseNovember 05,20122 plead guilty
in Vt. meth case
BURLINGTON — Two men face up to 20 years in prison after pleading guilty to manufacturing methamphetamine at residence in Island Pond.
James Castrogiovanni and Kevin Dodge, both of Island Pond, pleaded guilty last month in federal court in Burlington.
The Caledonian-Record reported that both men are scheduled to be sentenced on Feb. 25.
Castrogiovanni and Dodge were two of 12 people who were charged following a drug raid last November at an Island Pond apartment house.
to air Thursday
A Vermont judge has set a hearing Thursday morning to hear a complaint from Republican attorney general candidate Jack McMullen about incumbent Democrat Bill Sorrell's alleged ties to a PAC that supported him during the Democratic primary.
McMullen said Sorrell violated the state law saying such PACs need to operate without any coordination with a candidate when they're making independent expenditures on a candidate's behalf.
McMullen points to the role of former Gov. Howard Dean, who he says both advised Sorrell about campaign strategy and appeared in pro-Sorrell ads for a PAC called the Committee for Justice and Fairness.
Both Sorrell and Dean have denied any wrongdoing in the matter.
— The Associated PressMORE IN This Just InMONTPELIER – The United States Department of Agriculture announced today that schools in... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1831 – Independent South American super-state, Gran Colombia, dissolved; 1856 - Fort Buchanan built to control Apache warriors; 1970 - William Calley Jr. goes on trial after 1968 massacre at My Lai, Vietnam.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Wisconsin Sen. Joe McCarthy takes advantage of Cold War jitters and builds a tidy little fiefdom for himself on Capitol Hill. It's all good, but pride goes before you know darn well what. The junior senator is damaged going down.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, Leon Trotsky is expelled from the Soviet Communist Party, leaving Joseph Stalin in control of the Soviet Union; in 1970, Oregon DOT tries to dynamite a dead whale off a beach with a rather shocking result.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1972, Southern Airways Flight 49 is hijacked, the crew and passengers held for ransom. The hijackers want $10 million and passage to Cuba. In 2007, in Santiago, Chile, King Juan Carlos of Spain loses patience with Hugo Chavez.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1492, Ensisheim meteorite falls into Alsatian wheatfield, 1665, first issue of London Gazette, 1874, Thomas Nast cartoon features elephant as GOP symbol, 1907, Jesus Garcia saves town from burning dynamite boxcar.