2 plead guilty in meth caseNovember 05,20122 plead guilty
in Vt. meth case
BURLINGTON — Two men face up to 20 years in prison after pleading guilty to manufacturing methamphetamine at residence in Island Pond.
James Castrogiovanni and Kevin Dodge, both of Island Pond, pleaded guilty last month in federal court in Burlington.
The Caledonian-Record reported that both men are scheduled to be sentenced on Feb. 25.
Castrogiovanni and Dodge were two of 12 people who were charged following a drug raid last November at an Island Pond apartment house.
to air Thursday
A Vermont judge has set a hearing Thursday morning to hear a complaint from Republican attorney general candidate Jack McMullen about incumbent Democrat Bill Sorrell's alleged ties to a PAC that supported him during the Democratic primary.
McMullen said Sorrell violated the state law saying such PACs need to operate without any coordination with a candidate when they're making independent expenditures on a candidate's behalf.
McMullen points to the role of former Gov. Howard Dean, who he says both advised Sorrell about campaign strategy and appeared in pro-Sorrell ads for a PAC called the Committee for Justice and Fairness.
Both Sorrell and Dean have denied any wrongdoing in the matter.
— The Associated PressMORE IN This Just InA stepfather accused of killing his 2-year-old daughter was released from jail Friday night after... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.