Website links Vermonters to relief effortsNovember 05,2012Website links Vermonters to relief
The Vermont Community Foundation has set up a website giving information on where people can donate to disaster relief efforts following Superstorm Sandy.
The foundationís site includes options for national and regional relief efforts, as well as links to volunteer organizations and social media sites that are coordinating volunteers and donations.
The American Red Cross is also taking cash donations to help those in need.MORE IN This Just InA Vermont State Police trooper from the Rutland barracks is the subject of an ongoing drunk... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- talk-pix.com PODCASTS TEMPORARILY DISABLED: Navigate browser to talk-pix.com to access complete ALMANACK archive.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day 1739, 'Richard Palmer' identified in prison at York Castle as the notorious outlaw DICK TURPIN; IN 1836, Battle of the Alamo begins near San Antonio de Bexar, Texas; 1896, the Tootsie Roll invented by LEO HIRSCHFELD.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1472, Orkney, Shetland islands put up as collateral by Norway to Scotland in lieu of dowry for MARGARET OF DENMARK on her marriage with JAMES III, king of Scotland; 1962, JOHN GLENN first American to orbit Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: City mayoral candidates debate campaign issues; Hartford, Conn., woman still missing; Neal Goswami reports attempts to legislate suicide; local woman loses 100 pounds through TOPS program.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1878, JOHN TUNSTALL murdered near Lincoln, New Mexico, by the outlaw JESSE EVANS; in 1930, ELM FARM OLLIE first cow to fly in aircraft, first to be milked airborne; 1955, nuke test WASP; '79, snow in Sahara.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Herald News Editor Alan J. Keays and staff writer Gordon Dritschilo discuss stories planned for the February 18, 2015, edition of the newspaper: Winter budgets maxed, legal marijuana, Springfield bank job, USPS slowdown