Police seek missing Rutland womanNovember 05,2012
Police are asking for help finding a wheelchair-bound woman last seen at the Diamond Run Mall on Sunday.
Thirty-one-year-old Jessica Flanders, who police say also has diminished mental capacity, was last seen at the Kmart store in the mall at 3 p.m. on Sunday, police said.
Rutland County Sheriff's and Vermont State Police searched the mall and the area around it as well as Flanders' Rutland home and attempted to contact her by cellphone. No trace of the woman was found, they said.
Flanders is 4-feet, 4-inches-tall, weighing 75 pounds with hazel eyes and brown hair. She was last seen wearing a blue fleece pullover, black pants and sneakers.
Police said Flanders information has been entered in the National Crime Information Center as a missing person.
Anyone with information about Flanders whereabouts or who has seen her within the last 24 hours is asked to call state police at 773-9101.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Teddy Roosevelt makes Americans believe the poor, peace-loving, misunderstood piranha is a vicious, dangerous animal.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Teamsters leader Jimmy Hoffa disappears on this day in 1975, on this day in 2003, the last Volkswagen Type I, the Beetle, rolls off the assembly line in Mexico, Ambrose Bierce on the classifications of homicide.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Seals have figured out fish they like to eat gather in schools around turbines in offshore wind farms. But the environment is not without hazards, maintenance vessels and noise pollution.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont Yankee announces final day of nuclear power generation in Vermont, storm brings floods back to Chester, Castleton town manager to resign office, chronic offender sentenced to 25 years for sexual assault.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Archaeologists find a leather shoe in a cave in Armenia that predates the Pyramids by more than a thousand years.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1932, President Hoover orders the Army to evict bonus marchers from Anacostia Flats; author Malcolm Lowry born this day, as is Jackie Kennedy and Mike Bloomfield; Stephen Crane on consuming one's own heart.