Police seek missing Rutland womanNovember 05,2012
Police are asking for help finding a wheelchair-bound woman last seen at the Diamond Run Mall on Sunday.
Thirty-one-year-old Jessica Flanders, who police say also has diminished mental capacity, was last seen at the Kmart store in the mall at 3 p.m. on Sunday, police said.
Rutland County Sheriff's and Vermont State Police searched the mall and the area around it as well as Flanders' Rutland home and attempted to contact her by cellphone. No trace of the woman was found, they said.
Flanders is 4-feet, 4-inches-tall, weighing 75 pounds with hazel eyes and brown hair. She was last seen wearing a blue fleece pullover, black pants and sneakers.
Police said Flanders information has been entered in the National Crime Information Center as a missing person.
Anyone with information about Flanders whereabouts or who has seen her within the last 24 hours is asked to call state police at 773-9101.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: America's feet getting bigger than ever, and Americans keep jamming their feet into small sized shoes. Wake up, America!
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Vanessa Williams resigns from Miss America pageant after Bob Guccione publishes nude photos of her in Penthouse magazine and Hefner takes the high road; on this day in 1995, Alan Hale and Thomas Bopp discover a new comet.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Brandon voters decide fate of proposed budget, calls to police for service on complaints have fallen to new low, city woman who spray painted a response to vandals on her sidewalk is cited for mischief.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?