COLCHESTER ó One of Vermontís busiest fishing access areas is closed so that heavy silt deposits near the boat launch can be removed.
Silt and other deposits left last year by Tropical Storm Irene made it difficult to launch boats during low waters at the access near the mouth of the Winooski River in Colchester.
Fish and Wildlife officials said a local contractor is dredging the area at the base of the boat ramp.
The work should be completed in about two weeks.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation