A Vermont judge has set a hearing Thursday morning to hear a complaint from Republican attorney general candidate Jack McMullen about incumbent Democrat Bill Sorrell’s alleged ties to a PAC that supported him during the Democratic primary.
McMullen said Sorrell violated the state law saying such PACs need to operate without any coordination with a candidate when they’re making independent expenditures on a candidate’s behalf.
McMullen points to the role of former Gov. Howard Dean, who he says both advised Sorrell about campaign strategy and appeared in pro-Sorrell ads for a PAC called the Committee for Justice and Fairness.
Both Sorrell and Dean have denied any wrongdoing in the matter.MORE IN Vermont NewsWASHINGTON — The president of the Vermont-based New England Federal Credit Union urged Congress... Full StoryTo overcome Vermont Health Connect's early technological woes, more than 100 employees in the... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation