BERLIN Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Vermont is offering its group customers new wellness options by launching an online wellness center called My Blue Health Wellness Center.
BCBSVT developed the new website service in partnership with another Vermont company PureWellness Inc. of South Burlington whose Enterprise Health & Wellness Solution allows organizations to create, administer and manage all wellness initiatives.
The new online wellness center offers a personalized approach to engage and motivate employees by combining best-in-class interactive tools and resources with an interactive platform to empower and motivate employees to take charge of their health.
Other features of the new online wellness center include targeted behavioral change programs for each employee that highlight areas based on their specific areas of risk or personal health goals. Employees accessing the website will find a personalized dashboard within the wellness center that includes many useful tools such as a health log to track biometric data, wellness workshops, nutrition tools such as recipe assistance and meal plans and exercise trackers. Downloadable mobile applications allow users to choose from 16 activities, while tracking distance, speed and calories burned. All data is auto-synched into the users platform.
Employers will be able to create custom worksite wellness programs to meet the unique needs of their organization, including an event scheduler to help promote their events, classes, and screenings. They can also easily measure program success and outcome improvements through access to over 70 real-time, quantifiable reports demonstrating a healthier return on investment.MORE IN National / World BusinessNEW YORK A slump in energy prices pushed the stock market back from record levels on Tuesday. Full StoryDES MOINES, Iowa The egg is on a roll. Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1778, Capt. James Cook is first European to set eyes on Maui in Hawaiian Islands; 1922, Pharoah Tutankhamun found after 3000 years; 1909, Hollawood movie star Frances Dee born in Los Angeles.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Hazmat unit called downtown, Boys & Girls Club hosts dinner for members and families, Secret Santa back on the beat, city discusses runoff problem on Mayfield Road, Brandon gets creative about fixes to town roads, sidewalks.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1944, U.S. begins B-29 bombing raids on Japanese main islands; in 1950, Great Appalachian Storm begins to form; 1963, Lee Oswald killed by Jack Ruby; 1974, D.B. Cooper hijacks Seattle-bound airliner; 1974, 'Lucy' found.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, striking Colo. miners attacked with machine guns by state police; 1877, Thomas Edison announces invention of the phonograph, 1959, Alan Freed fired by WABC 770 AM for accepting payola to promote records.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1831 – Independent South American super-state, Gran Colombia, dissolved; 1856 - Fort Buchanan built to control Apache warriors; 1970 - William Calley Jr. goes on trial after 1968 massacre at My Lai, Vietnam.