BERLIN – Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Vermont is offering its group customers new wellness options by launching an online wellness center called My Blue Health Wellness Center.
BCBSVT developed the new website service in partnership with another Vermont company — PureWellness Inc. of South Burlington — whose Enterprise Health & Wellness Solution allows organizations to create, administer and manage all wellness initiatives.
The new online wellness center offers a personalized approach to engage and motivate employees by combining best-in-class interactive tools and resources with an interactive platform to empower and motivate employees to take charge of their health.
Other features of the new online wellness center include targeted behavioral change programs for each employee that highlight areas based on their specific areas of risk or personal health goals. Employees accessing the website will find a personalized dashboard within the wellness center that includes many useful tools such as a health log to track biometric data, wellness workshops, nutrition tools such as recipe assistance and meal plans and exercise trackers. Downloadable mobile applications allow users to choose from 16 activities, while tracking distance, speed and calories burned. All data is auto-synched into the user’s platform.
Employers will be able to create custom worksite wellness programs to meet the unique needs of their organization, including an event scheduler to help promote their events, classes, and screenings. They can also easily measure program success and outcome improvements through access to over 70 real-time, quantifiable reports – demonstrating a healthier return on investment.MORE IN National / World BusinessSaying they can no longer ignore the rising prices of health care, some of the most influential... Full StoryNEW YORK — A report this week in The Wall Street Journal that Amazon is planning to release a... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.