BERLIN – Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Vermont is offering its group customers new wellness options by launching an online wellness center called My Blue Health Wellness Center.
BCBSVT developed the new website service in partnership with another Vermont company — PureWellness Inc. of South Burlington — whose Enterprise Health & Wellness Solution allows organizations to create, administer and manage all wellness initiatives.
The new online wellness center offers a personalized approach to engage and motivate employees by combining best-in-class interactive tools and resources with an interactive platform to empower and motivate employees to take charge of their health.
Other features of the new online wellness center include targeted behavioral change programs for each employee that highlight areas based on their specific areas of risk or personal health goals. Employees accessing the website will find a personalized dashboard within the wellness center that includes many useful tools such as a health log to track biometric data, wellness workshops, nutrition tools such as recipe assistance and meal plans and exercise trackers. Downloadable mobile applications allow users to choose from 16 activities, while tracking distance, speed and calories burned. All data is auto-synched into the user’s platform.
Employers will be able to create custom worksite wellness programs to meet the unique needs of their organization, including an event scheduler to help promote their events, classes, and screenings. They can also easily measure program success and outcome improvements through access to over 70 real-time, quantifiable reports – demonstrating a healthier return on investment.MORE IN National / World BusinessWASHINGTON — The Obama administration’s far-reaching plan to address climate change would cause... Full StoryWASHINGTON — Mortgage giant Freddie Mac reported net income of $524 million for the first... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day 1739, 'Richard Palmer' identified in prison at York Castle as the notorious outlaw DICK TURPIN; IN 1836, Battle of the Alamo begins near San Antonio de Bexar, Texas; 1896, the Tootsie Roll invented by LEO HIRSCHFELD.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1472, Orkney, Shetland islands put up as collateral by Norway to Scotland in lieu of dowry for MARGARET OF DENMARK on her marriage with JAMES III, king of Scotland; 1962, JOHN GLENN first American to orbit Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: City mayoral candidates debate campaign issues; Hartford, Conn., woman still missing; Neal Goswami reports attempts to legislate suicide; local woman loses 100 pounds through TOPS program.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1878, JOHN TUNSTALL murdered near Lincoln, New Mexico, by the outlaw JESSE EVANS; in 1930, ELM FARM OLLIE first cow to fly in aircraft, first to be milked airborne; 1955, nuke test WASP; '79, snow in Sahara.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Herald News Editor Alan J. Keays and staff writer Gordon Dritschilo discuss stories planned for the February 18, 2015, edition of the newspaper: Winter budgets maxed, legal marijuana, Springfield bank job, USPS slowdown
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1249 AD, ANDRE of LONGJUMEAU is dispatched by LOUIS IX of France to meet the KHAGAN, ruler of the Mongol Empire; in 1804, during 1st Barbary War, STEPHEN DECATUR scuttles the pirate-held USS Philadelphia in Tripoli.