Rutland Economic Development Corp.’s 75th anniversary celebration will be held Nov. 16 at 6 p.m. at the Holiday Inn.
The event will celebrate REDC’s past and the vision for its future. Cocktails, dinner and special recognitions will be featured. The evening will conclude with dancing to local band Satin and Steel.
REDC’s “Member of the Year” is GE Aviation.
“In recognition of our 75th anniversary, REDC has chosen to honor GE’s contributions to our regional economy since moving to Rutland in the ’50s”, said Jamie Stewart, REDC executive director. “They have been, and continue to be, a key to this region’s success. And as REDC celebrates our anniversary, we want to acknowledge the importance of the role GE has played in the economic vitality of Rutland County.”
REDC’s meeting sponsors include Berkshire Bank, Casella Waste Systems, Castleton State College, Ellison Surface Technologies, GE Aviation, Green Mountain Power, Heritage Family Credit Union, Kenlan, Schwiebert, Facey & Goss, Merchants Bank, O’Brien Shortle Reynolds & Sabotka, Omya Inc., Rutland Regional Medical Center, Ryan Smith & Carbine, the University of Vermont, Vermont Economic Development Authority, and Vermont Electric Power Company, with additional support from Foley Family of Companies, Holiday Inn Rutland, Hubbardton Forge, and Vermont Roots.
The public is invited to attend. The price is $50 and RSVP is required. For more information, call REDC at 773-9147 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.MORE IN National / World BusinessSaying they can no longer ignore the rising prices of health care, some of the most influential... Full StoryNEW YORK — A report this week in The Wall Street Journal that Amazon is planning to release a... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.