Man arrested for felony assaultNovember 04,2012ARLINGTON — A Bennington man is in jail after he allegedly assaulted an Arlington woman sometime after midnight on Friday.
Vermont State Police troopers arrested Quondell Knight, 25, after they received a call regarding a domestic disturbance at a home on East Arlington Road in Arlington.
Police said a woman in the home said Knight had assaulted her before leaving the house with another man. Knight was arrested when the vehicle he was in was stopped by troopers on their way to the call.
He was charged with first-degree aggravated domestic assault and taken to the Rutland jail for lack of $10,000 bail.
Knight is set to appear in criminal court in Bennington on Monday.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Acclaimed illusionist & escape artist Harry Houdini, performing in Montreal in 1926, is sucker-punched by a McGill University student. Houdini doesn't know he has peritonitis - the punches are possible factor in his Oct. 31 death.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Police Chief James Baker to resign from the force at the end of the year to take a job in Washington, D.C., jury remains out in teacher killing murder trial, Rec Dept. releases report on what's wrong with White's Pool.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Well diggers in Cardiff, New York, find what is thought to be the petrified body of a 10-foot-tall man, perfectly preserved after thousands of years, which becomes a popular roadside attraction until proven to be a fake.
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1307, King Phillip the Fair of France orders hundreds of Knights Templar rounded up and arrested, charged with heresy, tortured until they confess; on this day in 1917, thousands see miracle of Our Lady of Fatima.