Man arrested for felony assaultNovember 04,2012ARLINGTON — A Bennington man is in jail after he allegedly assaulted an Arlington woman sometime after midnight on Friday.
Vermont State Police troopers arrested Quondell Knight, 25, after they received a call regarding a domestic disturbance at a home on East Arlington Road in Arlington.
Police said a woman in the home said Knight had assaulted her before leaving the house with another man. Knight was arrested when the vehicle he was in was stopped by troopers on their way to the call.
He was charged with first-degree aggravated domestic assault and taken to the Rutland jail for lack of $10,000 bail.
Knight is set to appear in criminal court in Bennington on Monday.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1618, English author, poet, soldier, adventurer Sir Walter Raleigh is beheaded for conspiring to overthrow King James I, but more likely to mollify offenses to Spain. His executioner has to implore him for silence.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1492, Italian explorer, admiral of the ocean sea, Christopher Columbus, sailing for the Spanish crown, 'discovers' Cuba; on this day in 1964, U.S. officials deny American involvement in bombing North Vietnam.
- Video: Fire engulfs house on Pine Street
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1936, Mrs. Wallis Warfield Spencer Simpson, mistress of King Edward VIII, is granted her second divorce, enabling her to marry the king. The government, the Church of England and the London Times have another idea.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: V-2 No. 13, launched this day in 1946 from White Sands, New Mexico, takes first photographs of Earth from the edge of the planet's outer atmosphere; 1947: Walt Disney testifies before HUAC, names employees he says are communists.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont's brand discussed at Killington, state's attorney candidates Marc Brierre and Rose Kennedy profiled, Curtis reports about Rutland police chief's new job, and four arrested, charged for heroin, crack sales.