‘Most Wanted’ fugitive arrested in WindsorNovember 03,2012A fugitive who was profiled on the television show “America’s Most Wanted” has been arrested in Windsor, according to the U.S. Marshals Service in Vermont.
Federal agents and Vermont State Police arrested 48-year-old Robert W. Mulkern on Thursday.
The Maryland man was profiled twice on the nationally-televised program at the request of the Marshals Service which, along with a number of other federal law enforcement agencies, has been seeking Mulkern for sexual assault and filming a minor engaged in sex acts.
Mulkern, of Hagerstown, Md., was charged in March 2010 with four counts of third-degree sex offense, two counts of unnatural or perverted practices, and 149 counts related to child pornography.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.