‘Most Wanted’ fugitive arrested in WindsorNovember 03,2012A fugitive who was profiled on the television show “America’s Most Wanted” has been arrested in Windsor, according to the U.S. Marshals Service in Vermont.
Federal agents and Vermont State Police arrested 48-year-old Robert W. Mulkern on Thursday.
The Maryland man was profiled twice on the nationally-televised program at the request of the Marshals Service which, along with a number of other federal law enforcement agencies, has been seeking Mulkern for sexual assault and filming a minor engaged in sex acts.
Mulkern, of Hagerstown, Md., was charged in March 2010 with four counts of third-degree sex offense, two counts of unnatural or perverted practices, and 149 counts related to child pornography.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE:Chemicals used in hydraulic fracturing that pollute ground water and the air we breathe come under scrutiny by researchers who find at least eight fracking chemicals toxic to mammals.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: The craze for Omega-3 fatty acids as a dietary supplement in its most popular form, fish oil, has led to depletion of fish stocks in oceans throughout the world. Is this the beginning of the total collapse of global fisheries?
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Suspects arrested in Killington bear death, Bryanna Allen and Kevin O'Connor report along the Back to School front, Rutland Plywood site remains an active fire scene as debris continues to smolder.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Forests around Chernobyl, even though dead from massive irradiation after nuclear accident 30 years ago, still have not even begun to decompose, natural balance disrupted at microbial level.
- Dogs have their day at White's Pool
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1609, Galileo demonstrates his telescope to Venetian lawmakers; during the same year, the Spanish Inquisition begins Basque witch trials, Henry Hudson sets sail from Amsterdam to North America, Shakespeare's sonnets published.