Search for Vt education chief down to 4 candidatesThe Associated Press | November 03,2012MONTPELIER — A search for a new Vermont education secretary has been narrowed to four finalists.
About 30 candidates applied for the post.
Stephan Morse, chairman of the Vermont Education Board and head of the search committee, said the process is a month ahead of schedule.
He said four candidates have been picked by the committee and interviewed.
The committee will recommend three names to Gov. Peter Shumlin.
Morse said the panel hopes to make a proposal to the full board Nov. 13.
The committee was formed after a law was passed that gives the governor the authority to make that appointment. It also elevates the state’s chief education official from a commissioner to a Cabinet-level secretary.MORE IN Vermont NewsWASHINGTON — The president of the Vermont-based New England Federal Credit Union urged Congress... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation