Do you want to have some fun and help your community at the same time?
Join us for the celebration and sale of The heARTs of Rutland at the Paramount Theatre on Friday, November 2. Preview of the heARTs and silent auction items is 5:30 to 6:30 p.m., during which time there will be finger food and music, a cash bar, conversation and conviviality.
The auction of the large heARTs starts at 6:30 p.m. with Bob Prozzo as auctioneer. Proceeds go to the people in Rutland County who still need help as a result of tropical storm Irene and to children’s art programs.
Tickets are $10 each and can be purchased at the Paramount ( Box Office or online ), Art and Antiques on Center Street, or at the door on Nov. 2.
The heARTs are truly amazing — each one unique and beautifully crafted. You will be able to see each one “up close and personal” for the first time, after they have left their homes somewhere in the area and are together as a heART family.
Please join us for this very special event.
( Co-Chair of The heARTs of Rutland )MORE IN Letters
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1778, Capt. James Cook is first European to set eyes on Maui in Hawaiian Islands; 1922, Pharoah Tutankhamun found after 3000 years; 1909, Hollawood movie star Frances Dee born in Los Angeles.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Hazmat unit called downtown, Boys & Girls Club hosts dinner for members and families, Secret Santa back on the beat, city discusses runoff problem on Mayfield Road, Brandon gets creative about fixes to town roads, sidewalks.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1944, U.S. begins B-29 bombing raids on Japanese main islands; in 1950, Great Appalachian Storm begins to form; 1963, Lee Oswald killed by Jack Ruby; 1974, D.B. Cooper hijacks Seattle-bound airliner; 1974, 'Lucy' found.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, striking Colo. miners attacked with machine guns by state police; 1877, Thomas Edison announces invention of the phonograph, 1959, Alan Freed fired by WABC 770 AM for accepting payola to promote records.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1831 – Independent South American super-state, Gran Colombia, dissolved; 1856 - Fort Buchanan built to control Apache warriors; 1970 - William Calley Jr. goes on trial after 1968 massacre at My Lai, Vietnam.