I am writing in support of Beth Pearce for Vermont state treasurer. I have known Beth since she was appointed state treasurer through an economic development board on which we both serve. I have found Beth to be smart, insightful, innovative and caring in her contributions to this boardís work. Beth is a fighter for all Vermonters, whether it be in protecting Vermontís bond rating, lowering the stateís interest costs, coming to the aid of Vermonters following Tropical Storm Irene or working to get the stateís pension liabilities under control.
Beth is a competent, experienced treasurer who served as assistant state treasurer in both Vermont and Massachusetts for 13 years prior to her appointment as treasurer. I especially like that Beth does this work in a collaborative, nonpartisan way. Letís not let the GOP super PAC buy her opponent the office.
Please vote for Beth Pearce for Vermont state treasurer.
South BurlingtonMORE IN Letters
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Police officer identified in deadly Brattleboro shooting, school consolidation boosters silent on savings, lawmakers nix legal marijuana for PTSD and scrap yard helps solve half-ton heist.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Coyotes are true American survivors, Veena on Narragansett Pier, Vladimir Nabokov in Paris.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Bad crash in Rutland Town sends driver to hospital, natural gas pipeline get support from Addison County Planning Commission.