Keeping all politics aside, I believe it is important for me to express my support for Steve Carr on his desire to represent Brandon, Pittsford and Sudbury in Montpelier.
I have been working closely with Steve since almost the creation of the café, after he took over the management of our books. He immediately restructured the financial systems and made it less stressful and more efficient to administrate.
Steve’s creative problem-solving and his ability to manage an issue with efficiency never cease to amaze me. I said it many times, he is a genius, and we should take advantage of his willingness to contribute his wealth of knowledge to the service of our community.
Steve played an important role in our recent growth. He looked after our interests in a safe but assertive way and the fact that we were able to purchase our building is in part due to his tenacity and his profound understanding of the financial world.
Putting Steve Carr in the House would not be a risk, it would be a good investment that everyone would benefit from.
BrandonMORE IN Letters
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, striking Colo. miners attacked with machine guns by state police; 1877, Thomas Edison announces invention of the phonograph, 1959, Alan Freed fired by WABC 770 AM for accepting payola to promote records.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1831 – Independent South American super-state, Gran Colombia, dissolved; 1856 - Fort Buchanan built to control Apache warriors; 1970 - William Calley Jr. goes on trial after 1968 massacre at My Lai, Vietnam.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Wisconsin Sen. Joe McCarthy takes advantage of Cold War jitters and builds a tidy little fiefdom for himself on Capitol Hill. It's all good, but pride goes before you know darn well what. The junior senator is damaged going down.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, Leon Trotsky is expelled from the Soviet Communist Party, leaving Joseph Stalin in control of the Soviet Union; in 1970, Oregon DOT tries to dynamite a dead whale off a beach with a rather shocking result.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1972, Southern Airways Flight 49 is hijacked, the crew and passengers held for ransom. The hijackers want $10 million and passage to Cuba. In 2007, in Santiago, Chile, King Juan Carlos of Spain loses patience with Hugo Chavez.