Area firefighters respond to structure fireOctober 31,2012BENSON — Firefighters from five towns responded to a reported structure fire Tuesday morning on Stony Point Road in Benson.
Fair Haven firefighters who covered the Benson fire station said the call came in around 8:30 a.m.
According to Poultney assistant fire chief William Jones, the fire was contained to a wall of a house located at 791 Stony Point Rd. He said around 10 a.m. Tuesday they believed it was an electrical fire, but the cause of the fire had not been determined.
No more information regarding the fire was available by press time early evening on Tuesday. Fire departments from the towns of Fair Haven, Poultney, West Haven, Orwell and Benson responded to the scene.
Firefighters were also called out to a minor fire on Lake Road in Castleton later in the day, around 5:30 p.m., but according to scanner reports that fire was contained within half an hour.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 971 AD, Southern Han war elephant corps defeated by Song Dynasty troops bowmen; in 1870, Montana, Marias massacre, U.S. kills 173 Native Americans; in 1941, Charles Lindbergh recommends neutrality pact with Nazis.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Bryanna Allen reports Castleton Downtown hosts open house, fire in Springfield leaves family without a roof of their own, suspected Bosnian war criminal trial goes to jury, Brent Curtis reports Rutland Town budget set to rise.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Bill in Legislature proposes naming beagle Vermont state dog; Associated Press looks back at year in opiate abuse; Shapiro's in Brandon soon to close after 75 years; probe shows illegal online gun sales booming.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1861, JEFFERSON DAVIS resigns from the U.S. Senate to become president of the Confederate States of America, in 1908, NYC passes law forbidding women from smoking in public; in 1968, B-52 crashes, loses H-bomb.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Aldermen debate request for $75K from Zamias Fund for Wonderfeet museum, Bryanna Allen covers CSC Spring Convocation, proponents of sugary drinks tax meet press at State House, Neal Goswami reports revenue forecast for state.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Oil prices continue to drop, good news for Vermonters who heat their homes with the stuff; Pawlet man still missing after one year, icy road make driving and walking sketchy propositions, funding for B&G Clubs announced.