Area firefighters respond to structure fireOctober 31,2012BENSON ó Firefighters from five towns responded to a reported structure fire Tuesday morning on Stony Point Road in Benson.
Fair Haven firefighters who covered the Benson fire station said the call came in around 8:30 a.m.
According to Poultney assistant fire chief William Jones, the fire was contained to a wall of a house located at 791 Stony Point Rd. He said around 10 a.m. Tuesday they believed it was an electrical fire, but the cause of the fire had not been determined.
No more information regarding the fire was available by press time early evening on Tuesday. Fire departments from the towns of Fair Haven, Poultney, West Haven, Orwell and Benson responded to the scene.
Firefighters were also called out to a minor fire on Lake Road in Castleton later in the day, around 5:30 p.m., but according to scanner reports that fire was contained within half an hour.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.