Area firefighters respond to structure fireOctober 31,2012BENSON ó Firefighters from five towns responded to a reported structure fire Tuesday morning on Stony Point Road in Benson.
Fair Haven firefighters who covered the Benson fire station said the call came in around 8:30 a.m.
According to Poultney assistant fire chief William Jones, the fire was contained to a wall of a house located at 791 Stony Point Rd. He said around 10 a.m. Tuesday they believed it was an electrical fire, but the cause of the fire had not been determined.
No more information regarding the fire was available by press time early evening on Tuesday. Fire departments from the towns of Fair Haven, Poultney, West Haven, Orwell and Benson responded to the scene.
Firefighters were also called out to a minor fire on Lake Road in Castleton later in the day, around 5:30 p.m., but according to scanner reports that fire was contained within half an hour.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Police officer identified in deadly Brattleboro shooting, school consolidation boosters silent on savings, lawmakers nix legal marijuana for PTSD and scrap yard helps solve half-ton heist.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Coyotes are true American survivors, Veena on Narragansett Pier, Vladimir Nabokov in Paris.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Bad crash in Rutland Town sends driver to hospital, natural gas pipeline get support from Addison County Planning Commission.