Parade WinnersOctober 31,2012The Rutland City Recreation Department has announced the following award winners from this year’s Halloween Parade:
Superintendent’s Trophy, Most Original: Fabian’s Earth Moving
Mayor’s Trophy, Best in Parade: Proctor Jr./Sr. High School
Department Trophy, Most Creative: Benson Fire Department
Best Costumed Marching Band: Proctor Jr./Sr. High School
Best Costumed Marching Unit: Plaza Skatepark
Tom Fagan Award: All Season DJ Service
Runner-Up Superintendent’s Trophy, Most Original: Pyramid Holistic Wellness Center
Runner-Up Mayors Trophy, Best in Parade: Rutland City Fire Department
Runner-Up Department Trophy, Most Creative: Community College of Vermont
Runner-Up Best Costumed Marching Band: Rutland Town School
Runner-Up Best Costumed Marching Unit: Wunderland Pet Lodge
Honorable Mention: Long Trail School
Jack O’ Lantern: Saskia Hagen Groom
Pumpkin Queen: Leslie Hixon, Mill River Union High School
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Teddy Roosevelt makes Americans believe the poor, peace-loving, misunderstood piranha is a vicious, dangerous animal.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Teamsters leader Jimmy Hoffa disappears on this day in 1975, on this day in 2003, the last Volkswagen Type I, the Beetle, rolls off the assembly line in Mexico, Ambrose Bierce on the classifications of homicide.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Seals have figured out fish they like to eat gather in schools around turbines in offshore wind farms. But the environment is not without hazards, maintenance vessels and noise pollution.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont Yankee announces final day of nuclear power generation in Vermont, storm brings floods back to Chester, Castleton town manager to resign office, chronic offender sentenced to 25 years for sexual assault.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Archaeologists find a leather shoe in a cave in Armenia that predates the Pyramids by more than a thousand years.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1932, President Hoover orders the Army to evict bonus marchers from Anacostia Flats; author Malcolm Lowry born this day, as is Jackie Kennedy and Mike Bloomfield; Stephen Crane on consuming one's own heart.