Yvonne L. PereauOctober 31,2012
Yvonne L. PereauYvonne L. Pereau
FAIR HAVEN ó Yvonne L. Pereau died October 26, 2012, from complications of heart disease.
Yvonne was born in Colchester, Vt., on July 4, 1925, daughter of Arthur L. and Eva (Bouchard) Lynch. She was raised in the Burlington area with her two brothers, Buddy (Edna) Lynch of Latham, N.Y., and Pat (Karen) Lynch of St. George, Utah, both of whom survive.
On October 6, 1946, she married Robert O. Pereau (Moriah, N.Y.). They later moved to Fair Haven making it their permanent family home. Mrs. Pereau was a full-time homemaker and raised five children. She was also a telephone operator for New England Telephone and began her career in a one-room office located on Carnarvon Street in Fair Haven.
Yvonne had a quick smile and was a gentle, friendly person. She was always ready to lend a helping hand. In her retirement, she worked tirelessly for, and then became team leader of, Fair Haven Concerned for many years. Through her teamís efforts, many area families received needed help.
Mrs. Pereau was a devout member of Our Lady of Seven Dolors Church and active member of the Catholic Daughters.
Her greatest enjoyment was her family. She was happiest when all were at home. She took great delight in the accomplishments of her children and their families.
Surviving are a daughter, Patricia Drahos and her husband Michael of Sherburne, N.Y.; two sons, Kevin (Beth) Pereau of Lafayette, Calif., and David (Lorri) Pereau of Whitehall, N.Y. Also surviving are a daughter-in-law, Robin C. Pereau, and a son-in-law, Kevin Grenier, both of Fair Haven, Vt.; eight grandchildren, Joshua Drahos, Emily Drahos, Courtney Grenier Kendall, Nicole Pereau, Shane Pereau, Megan Pereau, Thomas Pereau and Robert Pereau; two great-grandchildren, Timothy and Joseph Kendall; and several nieces and nephews.
She was predeceased by her husband, Robert O. Pereau, in 1989; a daughter, Karen Grenier, in 1980; and a son, Robert M. Pereau, in 1988.
Funeral services will be held on Saturday, November 3, at 11 a.m. at Our Lady of Seven Dolors Church. Burial will follow in the St. Mary Cemetery. Friends may call on Friday, November 2, from 5-7 p.m. at the Durfee Funeral Home.
In lieu of flowers, please consider a donation in memory of Yvonne Pereau to Fair Haven Concerned, Washington Street, Fair Haven, VT 05743.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Teamsters leader Jimmy Hoffa disappears on this day in 1975, on this day in 2003, the last Volkswagen Type I, the Beetle, rolls off the assembly line in Mexico, Ambrose Bierce on the classifications of homicide.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Seals have figured out fish they like to eat gather in schools around turbines in offshore wind farms. But the environment is not without hazards, maintenance vessels and noise pollution.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont Yankee announces final day of nuclear power generation in Vermont, storm brings floods back to Chester, Castleton town manager to resign office, chronic offender sentenced to 25 years for sexual assault.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Archaeologists find a leather shoe in a cave in Armenia that predates the Pyramids by more than a thousand years.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1932, President Hoover orders the Army to evict bonus marchers from Anacostia Flats; author Malcolm Lowry born this day, as is Jackie Kennedy and Mike Bloomfield; Stephen Crane on consuming one's own heart.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Earth barely avoids being blasted by immense solar flare in 2012, astrophysicists say next time might not be so lucky.