CHARLESTON ó A Vermont man accused of shooting another man at a party says he believed his life was in danger and he fired in self-defense.
Lee Sykes of North Troy was arraigned Monday in Orleans County criminal court. A judge ordered him held on $50,000 bail after accepting his not guilty plea to one count of aggravated assault with a weapon.
The 24-year-old Sykes said he told police he and Eric Baker argued after Sykes threw a bottle cap into the back of Bakerís pickup in Charleston on Sunday. The argument turned physical.
The Caledonian-Record reported tjat one bullet hit Baker in the hip. Sykes also was treated for injuries to his face and hand.MORE IN Vermont NewsMONTPELIER ó Fancy a pint of Pliny the Elder or Heady Topper double India pale ales, but canít... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation