St. Johnsbury project
up for vote
ST. JOHNSBURY — Residents of the northern Vermont town of St. Johnsbury are due to vote next week whether to approve a major public works project.
The $8 million project would involve digging up Main Street, Eastern Avenue and Western Avenue to separate sewage and storm drainage systems.
The current system combines the two, and heavy rains sometimes result in sewage backing up into the streets.
Federal and state grants would cover about 70 percent of the cost, with about $2.4 million being split by the local water and sewer funds and the town highway budget.MORE IN Vermont NewsWASHINGTON — The president of the Vermont-based New England Federal Credit Union urged Congress... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation